BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- One large spaghetti squash, halved & seeded
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground Liberty Trace Farm Italian sausage
- 1 lb Liberty Trace Farm ground beef
- 3 Cups of your favorite Marinara sauce (homemade or jarred-I make a large batch of my own and freeze for later uses just like this)
- 1 Cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350°. Brush Olive Oil on halved squash, and place face down on a foil-covered baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, 15 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven, cool slightly, then using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash to release the spaghetti-like strands. Transfer to a greased 9X13 casserole dish using tongs. Allow it to steam in dish to release some water while you brown the sausage and ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain fat from meat and add Marinara. Continue to stir over heat about 5 minutes to combine sauce and meat.
Pour meat sauce over squash in the casserole dish. Using tongs, stir sauce and squash around a bit to mix together. Bake at 350°, for 20 minutes, top with cheeses and bake 15 minutes more, or until cheese has melted and is beginning to just slightly brown.
Allow to stand about 5 minutes, serve with a large pasta spoon. We enjoy this with crusty garlic bread and a delicious side salad or Caprese salad.
Enjoy!! ~Your Farmers